Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OS 11 cache emptying

Can OS 11 caches at System>Library>dyld be emptied ?

Looks like they are relevant to Windows and Android.

Never wanted to run any of this stuff on my Mac (for security reasons mainly).

As my Security Software is letting me down : I'm now working up the courage, and the interest in simplifying my Mac, and in order to partition the hard drive, prior to using Boot Camp to load up Linux.

This idea my be heresy to Mac officionardos, but I'm sure you will let me know this (politely) if it is the case.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 17, 2021 10:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2021 10:15 PM

Hey there! Good question! If they are in the System Library, then no they can’t and shouldn’t be deleted. The volume is read only to everyone anyhow so can’t be modified, which is the reason Apple separated the System volume from the Data volume, per security, so you shouldn’t worry about it. Were you concerned about the security of the System files? Or was there another reason for deleting them?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 17, 2021 10:15 PM in response to Adhmor9

Hey there! Good question! If they are in the System Library, then no they can’t and shouldn’t be deleted. The volume is read only to everyone anyhow so can’t be modified, which is the reason Apple separated the System volume from the Data volume, per security, so you shouldn’t worry about it. Were you concerned about the security of the System files? Or was there another reason for deleting them?

OS 11 cache emptying

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.