Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Weird version of the "Looks like "_______" is no longer available." error. Need way to pinpoint these songs!

Hello! Not seeing a topic that matches my particular issue. I labelled this under the "Music on iOS" topic, but the issue occurs at least on PC and iOS, and I assume on Mac.

I am getting an error on a random assortment of songs. The error says "Looks like "___________" is no longer available." I am looking for a way to match/pinpoint the songs with this error.

As far as I can tell, there is no connection or similarity between songs that have this error.

Here's an example:

If I try to play Rihanna's (very popular, absolutely on Apple Music) Only Girl (In the World) from my library, I get this error. It loads the album art and the song length fine.

On the other hand, If I search for it in Apple Music and play it from there:

It plays just fine. Oddly, the "plus" sign in Apple Music is not pressed, indicating it's not in my library.

Notes:

• The songs HAVE played in the last year (last played date of 7/10/20), but I don't know how long it has been since I have noticed them missing.

• The issue doesn't seem to be the song's iCloud status. Their status is the normal "Apple Music".

• To back up the above bullet, I made a smart playlist filtering for "issue" iCloud statuses:

The missing songs do not appear in this list.

• I've tried restarting both my computer and iTunes itself, no luck.

• I've tried deauthorizing and reauthorizing the device, no luck.

• I've tried opening the song from another Windows workstation, no luck.

• I've tried opening the song from my iPhone, no luck.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To be clear, I am specifically looking for a way to search for or find these issue songs. I assume if I can find them I can delete them from my library and re-add the versions from Apple Music.

Unfortunately, I have thousands of songs in my library and apparently this error doesn't fit in with normal Apple Music song issues.

I've tried everything I've read in other threads about this issue, I believe. Anyone have any bright ideas to filter for these issue songs, without manually clicking through my entire dang library? Or better, anyone have a fix for why these songs might not be playing from my library?

Thanks for the help!

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Mar 18, 2021 1:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2021 3:46 AM

If anyone is googling this issue and comes across this post: These songs magically self-corrected today, and now play fine. I did nothing different, and they play on both iPhone and PC.

So.... you're out of luck until the magical Streaming Rights Fairy gifts you your songs back. I assume this is a recurring issue, and someday another set of totally random songs will just choose not to play randomly.

Still, glad they're back.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 20, 2021 3:46 AM in response to Pixeltramp

If anyone is googling this issue and comes across this post: These songs magically self-corrected today, and now play fine. I did nothing different, and they play on both iPhone and PC.

So.... you're out of luck until the magical Streaming Rights Fairy gifts you your songs back. I assume this is a recurring issue, and someday another set of totally random songs will just choose not to play randomly.

Still, glad they're back.

Mar 18, 2021 1:32 AM in response to Pixeltramp

Another example issue song is the Foo Fighter's "All My Life", another popular track that is available just fine on Apple Music.

Odd difference on this song that may help narrow things down:

The unplayable library version shows album art for One by One (Deluxe). All My Life does not appear on that album in Apple Music:

Note the missing Track 1. But it DOES appear on their Greatest Hits album:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not sure how helpful this is though, as this weird album mismatch is not the case with the Rihanna song in my original post.

Weird version of the "Looks like "_______" is no longer available." error. Need way to pinpoint these songs!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.