Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

flying with my iMac 27" 2020 in checked luggage

Hi All,

I'm flying back to Europe with my new-ish iMac 27" (purchased in 2020). With my earlier iMac I simply used the box in which with the computer originally came, and all arrived undamaged. For this new 2020 iMac I have the original box as well. Would you recommend that I do the same as before and use only the box in which it came? Or should I put the computer and its box inside a shipping box?

Thanks,

Andres

iMac 27″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 18, 2021 2:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2021 2:35 PM

IMHO the original box should be sufficient however it never hurts to double box it with additional padding. You will have the added expense of the double box, the padding and of course the additional shipping weight though.

Another option is to have the computer shipped to your new location (also double boxed) so you don't have the hassle of dealing with it while traveling which these days is an ordeal all on it's own. You could time it so that it arrives a few days in advance.

Either way there is no 100% safe method of doing it but both methods have proven to be pretty safe.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 18, 2021 2:35 PM in response to azervigon

IMHO the original box should be sufficient however it never hurts to double box it with additional padding. You will have the added expense of the double box, the padding and of course the additional shipping weight though.

Another option is to have the computer shipped to your new location (also double boxed) so you don't have the hassle of dealing with it while traveling which these days is an ordeal all on it's own. You could time it so that it arrives a few days in advance.

Either way there is no 100% safe method of doing it but both methods have proven to be pretty safe.

flying with my iMac 27" 2020 in checked luggage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.