Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airpods Pro connecting seperately. I've tried everything.

I've had my Airpods Pro for a little over a year, and they have worked fine for the entire time.

I've tried the following: (I figured all the comments would be telling me to do these, so to avoid that, I'll get this straight now.)

• Resetting my airpods - didn't fix.
  • Restart my phone - didn't fix.
  • Forget device, re-pair device - didn't fix.
  • Update iOS - didn't fix.
  • Check that Airpods firmware is up to date - it is.
  • Check that it isn't a charging issue and assure that both airpods and case is charged - checked, they are charged.
  • Clean airpods case inside and clean airpods - didn't fix.
  • It's not an issue with the Airpods speakers, as I can hear the tone that plays when changing from noise cancellation to transparrent - it just only plays in one airpod at a time.

Whenever I attempt to connect my airpods to any device. (iPhone, laptop, other iPhone), only the right airpod connects. Sound only comes out of one of the airpods, and the ear detection sound does not play from the other one of the airpods. It appears that the two airpods are not connected to each other - i say this because when switching between noise cancellation and transparent sound, it only affects the airpods, which you touch to toggle it. Usually, when holding the stick on the airpods, toggles the mode for both of them, but they are completely differentiated from each other.

I've tried to fix this all day, and suddently, the problem switched from the left airpod not working, to now it being the right one - what???? how??? The left one started playing, but now I couldn't connect the right one. This is what gave me the idea that they have somehow unpaired from each other, and whenever one of them connects to one of my devices, the other one can't, because there already is an audio connection.

It's clearly not an issue with my devices, as it happens on all of them, and the only possibility is the issue coming from the airpods. I'm not sure if it's a bluetooth issue or a hardware issue, but if anyone has any ideas to fix this, which is not any of the above, please do tell me!

Posted on Mar 18, 2021 4:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2021 6:57 PM

Contact Apple Support.

There is nothing we can do for you.

Similar questions

1 reply

Airpods Pro connecting seperately. I've tried everything.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.