Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

udemy video black screen

Since yesterday (2021-03-18) videos on udemy in Safari show a black screen. Audio is working. The courses play and load fine in Firefox and Google Chrome.

macOS 11.2.3 MacBook Pro 15-inch Mid 2015

Can someone confirm this? Thank you.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 19, 2021 12:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2021 7:08 AM

I have done all of that before I even asked on this forum. Thank you for suggesting that anyways. I don't use extensions, it won't work in a private window, all caches cleared all cookies gone - same. It works on this macbook in Firefox and in Chrome perfectly. It works on the iMac in Safari (same OS version, same Safari Version).

So, once again: can someone who runs macOS 11.2.3 and Safari 14.0.3 on a macbook pro from after 2015 and who has subscribed to a udemy course confirm that they can watch that course with the video showing?

Because if they have the same issue I can stop digging through this box and wait for a fix. And if it works for them I am happy to hunt down what causes it on my machine/setup. (and please no more links - I have all the links I need, thank you)

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 19, 2021 7:08 AM in response to dominic23

I have done all of that before I even asked on this forum. Thank you for suggesting that anyways. I don't use extensions, it won't work in a private window, all caches cleared all cookies gone - same. It works on this macbook in Firefox and in Chrome perfectly. It works on the iMac in Safari (same OS version, same Safari Version).

So, once again: can someone who runs macOS 11.2.3 and Safari 14.0.3 on a macbook pro from after 2015 and who has subscribed to a udemy course confirm that they can watch that course with the video showing?

Because if they have the same issue I can stop digging through this box and wait for a fix. And if it works for them I am happy to hunt down what causes it on my machine/setup. (and please no more links - I have all the links I need, thank you)

Mar 19, 2021 6:39 AM in response to dominic23

Maybe you misread my question... here is a screenshot - the video is running, the audio is playing and the timeline cursor hover brings up the image that should be on the big view - which is black. Does this work for you on the same macOS version with the same Safari version? If you don't have the same versions or you don't have a udemy course you are watching (not the preview ones before you buy), then you can't really help me. Thank you

udemy video black screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.