Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Command Click no longer selecting non adjacent objects.

Since updating to version 10.xx I can no longer select non adjacent objects in Pages. Is anyone else having this issue?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Mar 19, 2021 11:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2021 4:55 PM

I’m not sure which version I was using but if it’s official no longer a function I guess there’s not much I can do. It does seem strange to me for them to drop this and have command click just do nothing. Looks like I’m switching to a different program. Too bad. I liked pages.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 20, 2021 4:55 PM in response to Barry

I’m not sure which version I was using but if it’s official no longer a function I guess there’s not much I can do. It does seem strange to me for them to drop this and have command click just do nothing. Looks like I’m switching to a different program. Too bad. I liked pages.

Mar 19, 2021 12:08 PM in response to 19Jason72

Hi Jason,

Is Viking correct in assuming you mean "non-contiguous text."

or are you referring to "non adjacent objects," as stated in your title?

If the latter, does your statement infer that it is possible to add "adjacent" objects to a selection in the current version of Pages to a selection, as shown in this example from an earlier version of Pages:

The four objects were selected by

clicking the upper table, then command-clicking the second table, the yelllow shape and the green shape in that order.

Regards,

Barry

Command Click no longer selecting non adjacent objects.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.