Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sleep and notifications Apple Watch Series 6

Hi - I am new to the community having just been given an Apple Watch Series 6 as a present. I love it

I have a question about sleep mode and notifications and hope someone can advise me.

When I am in sleep mode, it goes straight to 'do no disturb' and I am unable to get notifications from my Ring Doorbell and camera - I would like to be able to be notified if these security devices are activated during the night for obvious reasons

Also, I would like to be notified if my children call or text me during the night

Many thanks and hopefully someone will be able to advise me.

Posted on Mar 20, 2021 3:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2021 9:29 PM

Regarding your second question, you can allow your favourite contacts to call you while Do not Disturb is enabled. If they text you, you can auto-reply that you in not be disturbed....they can then still get thru by adding "urgent" to their next text message.

Hope this helps a bit. On your first question, perhaps best to submit Product Feedback so that more of these exceptions can be allowed in the future.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 20, 2021 9:29 PM in response to hal1958

Regarding your second question, you can allow your favourite contacts to call you while Do not Disturb is enabled. If they text you, you can auto-reply that you in not be disturbed....they can then still get thru by adding "urgent" to their next text message.

Hope this helps a bit. On your first question, perhaps best to submit Product Feedback so that more of these exceptions can be allowed in the future.

Sleep and notifications Apple Watch Series 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.