Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

This does not work, I only get a share option. No delete comes up

Why is there no way to delete an app from the phone any longer. I don’t want to rely on filling my phone up and then have to ‘hope’ the right unused apps are deleted automatically

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Mar 20, 2021 6:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2021 6:22 AM

review this

How to delete apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

you can delete from the App Library by locating the app and tap/hold, select Delete App

or you can go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage > [app name] > Delete

If you still are unable to delete, check:

Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > iTunes & App Store Purchases > Deleting Apps

make sure that's set to 'Allow'

Also..

Apps don't get deleted automatically.

If you are talking about the automatic 'offload' of unused apps, you can disabled that if you don't want it to happen

Settings > App Store, scroll to the bottom and turn off the switch for Offload Unused Apps

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 20, 2021 6:22 AM in response to rm289

review this

How to delete apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

you can delete from the App Library by locating the app and tap/hold, select Delete App

or you can go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage > [app name] > Delete

If you still are unable to delete, check:

Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > iTunes & App Store Purchases > Deleting Apps

make sure that's set to 'Allow'

Also..

Apps don't get deleted automatically.

If you are talking about the automatic 'offload' of unused apps, you can disabled that if you don't want it to happen

Settings > App Store, scroll to the bottom and turn off the switch for Offload Unused Apps

This does not work, I only get a share option. No delete comes up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.