Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos in macbook did not synch with icloud

Hi, please help me i don't know what has happened ... since last week my photos in macbook air didn't synch with photos in icloud. I have tried to log out from icloud then log in again, check the preferences in photos but the setting is all ok.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 20, 2021 6:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2021 6:56 AM

Hello - Do you have enough free space -both in iCloud and on your macbook?

Also stopping and restarting sync may well get things going - but it will also trigger a complete resync, which can take a long time for a large library. How big is your library? What does the status say at the bottom of the all photos view on your mac?

(Here is mine - updated just now)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 20, 2021 6:56 AM in response to suesuff

Hello - Do you have enough free space -both in iCloud and on your macbook?

Also stopping and restarting sync may well get things going - but it will also trigger a complete resync, which can take a long time for a large library. How big is your library? What does the status say at the bottom of the all photos view on your mac?

(Here is mine - updated just now)

Mar 20, 2021 7:02 AM in response to suesuff

In what way does Photos not sync? Are photos not uploading to iCloud Photos or are new photos not downloading from your iPhone?

If you are waiting for new photos to download from iCloud, you have to wait until the current upload from your Mac into iCloud Photos is complete.

What has changed before the syncing stopped? Did you just import new photos or videos? Or did you move your Photos Library to a new location? Did you just install a system upgrade?

Photos in macbook did not synch with icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.