Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos on my Mac stopped sync with my photos in iCloud photos

Photos on my Mac stopped sync with my photos in iCloud I've try a few things like logging in and out of iCloud to get it to restart syncing but it hasn't worked. Do you have a solution to restart syncing process. Thanks!

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Dec 4, 2021 9:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2021 9:35 AM

How many times in that 6 weeks have you tried to restart it (eg by logging out and in)? Because every time you do this, it restarts the sync process from the beginning. With 22,000+ times it will take some days to complete even if you leave the mac on 24/7 connected to power and with sleep disabled.

I’m guessing this started when you upgraded to Monterey>

(For reference, my 5000 item library took 48 hours - so you can expect in the region of 8+ days - if you leave it on 24/7 as described.

One other thing worth checking - do you have an “unable to upload folder” or if you create a smart album with the condition “photo - is unable to upload to iCloud” Does it show anything?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 4, 2021 9:35 AM in response to Mbt4

How many times in that 6 weeks have you tried to restart it (eg by logging out and in)? Because every time you do this, it restarts the sync process from the beginning. With 22,000+ times it will take some days to complete even if you leave the mac on 24/7 connected to power and with sleep disabled.

I’m guessing this started when you upgraded to Monterey>

(For reference, my 5000 item library took 48 hours - so you can expect in the region of 8+ days - if you leave it on 24/7 as described.

One other thing worth checking - do you have an “unable to upload folder” or if you create a smart album with the condition “photo - is unable to upload to iCloud” Does it show anything?

Photos on my Mac stopped sync with my photos in iCloud photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.