Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

format one line of text in motion

I'm creating scrolling credits in motion for a fcpx project. I know that in theory I'm supposed to be able to change the formatting in motion for a single line of text (one line centered, next 4 lines in columns, then a centered line again, or giving the "role" a different font style than the name), and I've done this before, so I know that it works.

However, it seems to have stopped working for me on this project! I copied and pasted all the text from textedit into motion, and it wouldn't let me adjust the justification on the "subject" headings, then a little while later it started to work great (no idea why), and then it stopped working again and I can't make any changes to a line without changing the whole document again.

Any ideas why? Is there a setting I've accidentally changed somewhere?

MacBook

Posted on Mar 20, 2021 7:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2021 7:42 AM

Do you have the text set to Paragraph mode in the Inspector?

What happens when you try change the format of some of it?

Also, if I may suggest: you may give “Manifesto” a try. It is a free set of titles and makes this job easy to do in FCP or Motion. It even includes its own editor (an embedded TextEdit if you will), and if edit in TextEdit and paste into Manifesto the formatting is preserved.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 20, 2021 7:42 AM in response to BuHiK

Do you have the text set to Paragraph mode in the Inspector?

What happens when you try change the format of some of it?

Also, if I may suggest: you may give “Manifesto” a try. It is a free set of titles and makes this job easy to do in FCP or Motion. It even includes its own editor (an embedded TextEdit if you will), and if edit in TextEdit and paste into Manifesto the formatting is preserved.

format one line of text in motion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.