Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV

Hi all I bought myself a couple of Apple HomePods and I’m using a Apple TV 4K and I’ve been trying to get it to play Dolby Atmos bit the only options I’m getting is for stereo and 5.1 they are paired and set as the default audio but no Dolby Atmos.

am I doing something wrong, I would have thought that as they are paired together I should get the option in the settings of the Apple TV.

all units are all updated with the latest software.

Homepod 14.4

Apple TV 14.4 (18k802)

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 14

Posted on Mar 20, 2021 9:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply
9 replies

Mar 20, 2021 10:30 AM in response to turingtest2

Hi thanks for the reply I did all of what it says on that page while setting them up. I'm watching iTunes content with the right audio format (Predator 4k version) but as far as I was aware it should be an option in the settings and not as a choice per film which I did try with the swipe down for audio options and the option is also not available there either. I may have to contact apple direct I think as I have unpaired them again an re-paired them and still no Dolby option. this is the only reason I bought them really.

Mar 21, 2021 10:54 AM in response to turingtest2

Yeah I’m not sure what it’s meant to do I can’t specifically choose the audio maybe it’s an automatic thing as when I put it back to my tv audio the option isn’t there but when I use the homepods it is but not very impressed by Dolby Atmos in that case. That being said the sound from the homepods is actually very good very impressive detail and base just that I’ve seen on some YouTube vids they all had to choose the audio to be Dolby thanks for any advice here anyway.

Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.