Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple tv 4k wont play both homepods

I have recently purchased another Apple Homepod to make a pair with my other. They will play in stereo when I get them to play music but only one works when I have them set as a stereo pair on my Apple TV 4K.

HomePod, 14

Posted on Sep 11, 2021 11:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2021 5:36 PM

Have you set them up as Default Audio?

Set up home theater audio with HomePod and Apple TV 4K - Apple Support

Do a hard reset of the faulty one, you'll need to ungroup the stereo pair first. Use the Pressing the top method: Reset HomePod - Apple Support.

You will need to set HomePod up again on a device that is using the latest software. Stereo pair them again.

Then Restart your Apple TV and set up as home theatre mode . Make sure it’s also running the latest tvOS.

Or you can first just try restarting Apple TV, in case this is why.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 12, 2021 5:36 PM in response to Robjhunt

Have you set them up as Default Audio?

Set up home theater audio with HomePod and Apple TV 4K - Apple Support

Do a hard reset of the faulty one, you'll need to ungroup the stereo pair first. Use the Pressing the top method: Reset HomePod - Apple Support.

You will need to set HomePod up again on a device that is using the latest software. Stereo pair them again.

Then Restart your Apple TV and set up as home theatre mode . Make sure it’s also running the latest tvOS.

Or you can first just try restarting Apple TV, in case this is why.

apple tv 4k wont play both homepods

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.