Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 4K with newest iOS has share audio issues

when I put in two pairs of AirPods the Apple TV will only connect to one at a time but not both. When I hold the rectangular button down I can add the second pair but the audio levels are always different. When I adjust the levels and go back to the program the levels become different for the two pairs and I have to go back in to readjust them without fail every time. Why does the Apple TV not have an always connect option and why do the sound levels not just automatically match?

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 16

Posted on Oct 11, 2022 11:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2022 12:27 PM

With the current software and hardware, you can connect one at a time, as intended, and connect a second set through the first set. Share audio from Apple TV 4K with a second pair of headphones - Apple Support

The sound volume levels with headphones are individual for each set. Changing the output levels for one, wouldn’t change it for the other. Verify that you and the other listener each use their own set, and not mix up which set to use. Access Audio Controls in Control Center - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2022 12:27 PM in response to JRNLA

With the current software and hardware, you can connect one at a time, as intended, and connect a second set through the first set. Share audio from Apple TV 4K with a second pair of headphones - Apple Support

The sound volume levels with headphones are individual for each set. Changing the output levels for one, wouldn’t change it for the other. Verify that you and the other listener each use their own set, and not mix up which set to use. Access Audio Controls in Control Center - Apple Support

Apple TV 4K with newest iOS has share audio issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.