Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airdrop stopped working between my devices but will send to others

Hello,

Airdropped stopped working between the devices on my account but will still send to others. This is true to and from my: iPhone 12pro, 2020 Macpro, ipad. All software is up to date. Bluetooth and wifi are enabled, I even made airdrop preferences discoverable by everyone just to test. the hardware functions because it sends to the non-icloud account device.

Super odd, any one know a fix for this? I suspect an error or issue in the icloud account?

Thanks,

Matt

Posted on Mar 20, 2021 7:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2021 8:02 PM

Resolution: somehow my number and contact info was added to a blocked contact list. Resolved by on iphone: Settings > Messages > Blocked contacts > bottom of list > edit, select your own info > delete.

The airdrop is now functioning between devices again, though oddly shows my full name (via Icloud account info?) rather than the device name and logo, as it should. hm. anyway, hope this helps.

btw I didn't block my own number and I don't know how this error occurred.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 20, 2021 8:02 PM in response to KnowJo

Resolution: somehow my number and contact info was added to a blocked contact list. Resolved by on iphone: Settings > Messages > Blocked contacts > bottom of list > edit, select your own info > delete.

The airdrop is now functioning between devices again, though oddly shows my full name (via Icloud account info?) rather than the device name and logo, as it should. hm. anyway, hope this helps.

btw I didn't block my own number and I don't know how this error occurred.

Airdrop stopped working between my devices but will send to others

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.