Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All of my music deleted from Apple Music!

I've been trying to search for solutions to this for a while, but I have extremely poor knowledge of the technicalities, so I either I couldn't understand what was being described or the advice didn't work for me.

I had 400+ songs on my iPhone 6s, many taken from CD's. Genuinely can't remember the reason, but I synced my device (through USB cable) on my Mac. The message was something along the lines of warning me that syncing would remove of my music, books etc but I went for it anyway and now I only have songs that I purchased, which is close to none.

Is there any way to get my songs back? No songs on my iTunes library anymore. Would restoring from backup work? If so, my "restore backup" button on iTunes is greyed out despite my latest backup being last night.

Any ideas?

Posted on Mar 21, 2021 9:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2021 11:42 AM

Sadly the warning message meant exactly what it said. Syncing would remove any content already on your device and replace it with what was stored in the local library. There is no undo mechanism for this. Had you stopped and asked questions first we could have helped you copy the media from the device to your library but it is too late for that now. Device backups do not include media. You will have to go back to your previous computer, or backup, or CDs etc. and reclaim your media files from where you have them.

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 21, 2021 11:42 AM in response to angelique227

Sadly the warning message meant exactly what it said. Syncing would remove any content already on your device and replace it with what was stored in the local library. There is no undo mechanism for this. Had you stopped and asked questions first we could have helped you copy the media from the device to your library but it is too late for that now. Device backups do not include media. You will have to go back to your previous computer, or backup, or CDs etc. and reclaim your media files from where you have them.

tt2

All of my music deleted from Apple Music!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.