Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to recover old music from itunes sync

My itunes had updated to the latest version. Then it said that it could no longer sync the new music with the old, that it would have to be removed. I backed up my data unknowingly that not all my music was backed up. I proceeded with the process of syncing the new music assuming i could restore my music back. All my music was lost and unable to recover. could you please help as to how i can get my old music back?

Posted on May 22, 2019 9:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2019 3:03 AM

Unfortunately not. See Hide and unhide music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and books - Apple Support and Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books from the App Store, iTunes Store, and Apple Books - Apple Support to recover any purchases from the iTunes Store. For anything else you will have to go back to the original sources.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 23, 2019 3:03 AM in response to Anonymous3AM

Unfortunately not. See Hide and unhide music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and books - Apple Support and Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books from the App Store, iTunes Store, and Apple Books - Apple Support to recover any purchases from the iTunes Store. For anything else you will have to go back to the original sources.

tt2

May 22, 2019 10:33 AM in response to Anonymous3AM

If you mean that you didn't properly heed an erase and sync warning and media has been removed from your device then it has likely gone for good. What device is it? If it is an non-iOS device like a classic there is a possibility that you could recover erased content and then import it into the library. See Recover media from an iPod - Apple Community for details.

tt2

How to recover old music from itunes sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.