📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces AirPods 4 and the world’s first all-in-one hearing health experience with AirPods Pro 2. Learn more >

Did you know?

General and ongoing cleaning can help you maintain your AirPods or AirPods Pro.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods' microphone

When I FaceTime with AirPods on MacBook Pro no-one can hear me although I can hear them.

I can use them to listen to music, video, etc on my MacBook Pro. And they work fine on FaceTime with my iPhone.

Have tried disconnecting and reconnecting. it doesn't work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 22, 2021 12:21 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2021 2:57 PM

Hello,

Try this:

Open the Settings app and go to the Bluetooth section. Next to the AirPods entry on the list of devices, you should see an “i” icon inside of a circle. Tap this, then select microphone, and set it to either left, right or automatic. Try switching it back and forth.

Then, test with the Voice Memos app.

Good luck.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 22, 2021 2:57 PM in response to narkurs

Hello,

Try this:

Open the Settings app and go to the Bluetooth section. Next to the AirPods entry on the list of devices, you should see an “i” icon inside of a circle. Tap this, then select microphone, and set it to either left, right or automatic. Try switching it back and forth.

Then, test with the Voice Memos app.

Good luck.

AirPods' microphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.