Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro won’t turn on

Hi, so I’ve tried researching this issue last night but no matter what I do my MacBook won’t turn on. I have one of the later models with the Touch Bar. So every time I try to power it on, it seemingly works fine, the logo appears, the login screen works perfectly fine. I type my password, and right as it syncs in, it just shuts off and we are back to a black screen. I can also already tell the outcome whenever the touch bar glitches, as it logs me in.

My brother tried to fix it last night, and momentarily the laptop worked fine. I don’t know what he did, apart from

changing where the computer was being charged and pressing shift + command. But whatever it is I can’t seem to replicate it now.

I’ve done a first aid check and nothing seems to be wrong, like it comes back okay. And I’ve tried following the tips mentioned online but nothing else works. I tried resetting macOS but my hard drive doesn’t have the space for it? I honestly don’t know what to do at this point.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Mar 22, 2021 3:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2021 5:32 AM

Del_21 wrote:

Hi, so I’ve tried researching this issue last night but no matter what I do my MacBook won’t turn on. I have one of the later models with the Touch Bar. So every time I try to power it on, it seemingly works fine, the logo appears, the login screen works perfectly fine. I type my password, and right as it syncs in, it just shuts off and we are back to a black screen. I can also already tell the outcome whenever the touch bar glitches, as it logs me in.

My brother tried to fix it last night, and momentarily the laptop worked fine. I don’t know what he did, apart from
changing where the computer was being charged and pressing shift + command. But whatever it is I can’t seem to replicate it now.

I’ve done a first aid check and nothing seems to be wrong, like it comes back okay. And I’ve tried following the tips mentioned online but nothing else works. I tried resetting macOS but my hard drive doesn’t have the space for it? I honestly don’t know what to do at this point.

If your Mac doesn't turn on

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204267

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 22, 2021 5:32 AM in response to Del_21

Del_21 wrote:

If your Mac doesn't turn on

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204267

MacBook Pro won’t turn on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.