Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro (circa 2018) won't turn on

I was re-installing the macOS to my perfectly functioning Macbook Pro (due to an ownership change) recently and set it down elsewhere and was not monitoring the install that was in progress. Several hours later, I went to check on it and the screen was black and nothing seemed to be going on. I hit the power button and nothing happened, and now I am stuck in this state - it won't power on at all. I have tried using an external drive to boot up the OS, but there is absolutely no response from the laptop - it is not that it is running and I have the black screen, it is that there is absolutely nothing happening when I try to power it on. This laptop was functioning perfectly until I attempted to reinstall the OS, and I'm not sure what is going on now. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Jan 26, 2022 9:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2022 9:12 AM

If your Mac doesn't turn on - Apple Support

Note that the last step if all else fails is to contact Apple for support.

Similar questions

1 reply

Macbook Pro (circa 2018) won't turn on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.