Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

copying music from my wife's iPod to mine

when I log onto her computer and plug in my Ipod , I am looking to copy and add some of her music files to my iPod. She has some 3rd party downloaded songs and songs from her CD's that she added. No apple music songs.

When I try to add a song file, it says not copied because cloud music library is enabled on my iPod. How can I copy the songs to my iPod? thanks so much

iPod, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 22, 2021 12:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2021 5:45 AM

See Identify cloud status icons in your music library on your Mac or PC - Apple Support. You need to make sure that the new additions are marked as matched or uploaded, then they should become visible on your device.

tt2

5 replies

Mar 23, 2021 5:40 AM in response to turingtest2

I can add the music to my library via flash drive and they show up in the library however they won’t show up on my iPod. Is it because the music was not purchased through Apple Music?

another concern is when I connect my iPod to my mac and go into Apple Music I can see my iPod and when I click on it, it’s blank , no songs come up but they are on the ipod. It’s crazy.

Mar 23, 2021 8:18 AM in response to Jonspapa

The blue text in my post is to a support article, click it and have a read. You say that you're using iCloud Music Library on your iPod, so you must have a subscription to either Apple Music or iTunes Match. Once the tracks are matched or uploaded they will appear on your device synced through the cloud. If they show up with ineligible or error we can talk options. If they are waiting you can use File > Library > Update > iCloud Library to try to nudge them.

tt2

copying music from my wife's iPod to mine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.