Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Me.com email password - recover / reset

My me.com password is not my Apple ID password - I can’t remember the me.com email password so can’t get emails in a new device. Does anyone know how to recover the email password?

ive tried resetting Apple ID password but I remain ‘out of date’ with email account

Posted on Mar 22, 2021 4:29 PM

3 replies

Mar 23, 2021 11:30 AM in response to pink50

Hi pink50,

Thank you for contacting Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it seems like you forgot the password for your @me.com account, and it is not the same as your Apple ID.

Did you create the @me.com account at a different time than your Apple ID?

iCloud: About your @icloud.com, @me.com, and @mac.com email addresses

If you forgot your Apple ID password

How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password

Please don't hesitate to let us know if the steps resolved your issue or if you need additional assistance.

Cheers.

Mar 23, 2021 1:21 PM in response to mario49

Yes I think the me.com was created after the Apple ID - the Apple ID was my old old email address - I’ve followed the steps above and now my Apple ID is my me.com email address - but the password for this email is not the same as the Apple ID password - or at least it won’t recognise it when I’m trying to get the emails to be on my HP laptop

Me.com email password - recover / reset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.