Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod won't connect

Im having an issue where my HomePod won't connect and is saying "To set up HomePod, your Apple ID settings need attention." I've looked up solutions already, and I have my two factor authentication as well as my iCloud Keychain on. I've reset the HomePod and re-downloaded the home app but nothing has worked. This all started when I had problems with ghost alarms, I looked up how to remove them and it said to disconnect and reconnect the HomePod.

Posted on Mar 22, 2021 8:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2021 10:50 PM

have you set it up and it’s now in the Home App? Or are you stuck on set up?

Set up and use HomePod - Apple Support

If you don't see the setup screen, you can manually set up HomePod. Just open the Home app, tap , tap Add Accessory, tap Don't Have a Code or Can't Scan at the bottom, then tap HomePod and follow the onscreen instructions.

Learn what to do if you can't set up HomePod.

Have you recently changed your Apple ID? Is keychain & Bluetooth on with all your other devices? If you signed out on one device, other devices need sign in attention or keychain is turned off on one

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 22, 2021 10:50 PM in response to Sebastian_Rhodes

have you set it up and it’s now in the Home App? Or are you stuck on set up?

Set up and use HomePod - Apple Support

If you don't see the setup screen, you can manually set up HomePod. Just open the Home app, tap , tap Add Accessory, tap Don't Have a Code or Can't Scan at the bottom, then tap HomePod and follow the onscreen instructions.

Learn what to do if you can't set up HomePod.

Have you recently changed your Apple ID? Is keychain & Bluetooth on with all your other devices? If you signed out on one device, other devices need sign in attention or keychain is turned off on one

Apr 14, 2021 10:19 PM in response to Sebastian_Rhodes

Have You tried signing out of your Apple ID in the HomePod settings in the .home App? Then sign back in.. Assuming it’s now added to the home app? If you have a Mac make sure keychain is enabled in that. Can it do a personal request, like send a text, read unread texts, set reminders etc?

On the iOS device you used to set it up with look in Settings- Your Name - scroll down to Find My and make sure it looks like this image:

Apr 14, 2021 2:10 PM in response to Vancouver22

No I’m still in the process of setting it up. The problem is it won’t let me, I tried using the plus icon and adding it manually but it still says my Apple ID settings need attention. I checked all my devices and iCloud + keychain are turned on for all of them. I’ve had the same Apple ID for like 7 years. So I’m still not sure what the issue is.

HomePod won't connect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.