Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Duplicate Mailboxes at the bottom of the sidebar in Mac Mail?

Help!

Why do I have these duplicate mailboxes at the bottom of the sidebar in Mac Mail (see below)?

I am working in OS Big Sur and these showed up after I upgraded.

I looked this up in the community already, and I tried the solution that was posted for the previous OS, but it didn't work.

Thanks for your help.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 23, 2021 3:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2021 3:27 PM

They are two different sets of mailboxes, those that are on your Mac and those that are in the iCloud. You can get all of them to the Favorites section at the top of the side bar like I did with the Junk mailboxes in this screen capture:

3 replies

Mar 23, 2021 3:36 PM in response to Old Toad

Hello Old Toad.

Thank you for your reply.

So... I have mail boxes on the top of the sidebar that are the same name (Favorites) as are below. It looks like duplicates, but every once in a while when I look at the mailboxes listed on the bottom the sidebar, I find mail that is not in my mailboxes above. So, is there a way to get rid of the mailboxes (listed in a much smaller font that the ones above BTW) at the bottom of the sidebar so that there is no confusion? All of my mail is connected to my Comcast email, so I am not sure why I would have any mail "On My Mac"?

Mar 23, 2021 3:44 PM in response to bigbraingirl

Can't say because I have my mail setup to have all of my email on my Mac. I have rules setup to save specific emails to specific mailboxes on my Mac and then use a Smart Mailbox with the criteria "Mail is Unread" to show me all of the unread mail. Once I read one it leaves the smart mailbox and remains in its designated mailbox unless I delete it from the smart mailbox. If it want to save an email that doesn't fit any of the rules I move it to a local mailbox titles Potpourri.

I just don't look at the iCloud mailboxes at the bottom.

Duplicate Mailboxes at the bottom of the sidebar in Mac Mail?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.