Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Several free "Artist series lessons" on GarageBand 10.3 keep trying to download and install

I have a fully patched MB Pro (Late 2012) with Catalina and GarageBand 10.3.

A few years ago, I tried to download four "Artist Series" free lessons, One installed correctly, the others report the standard "Unable to install..." after downloading each 600+ mb file. I don't care about those lessons, but each time I quit and reopen Garageband, it attempts to again automatically repeat the download each of these files, which is getting really frustrating by now!

Can someone please tell me where the GB "temp" lesson files are stored in the time between the download and the installation, and/or how to turn off future automatic download attempts?

I'm a casual GB user, so I'd be willing to delete/reinstall the package, if a) I knew I could download it again from the app store and b) If I knew it would stop these bloody automatic lesson downloads!

Thanks!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 23, 2021 3:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2021 12:08 PM

Since I had the Garageband install from 2016 still appearing as an item in my App Store under my (Apple ID), I deleted and reinstalled the complete package. For now, this problem appears to be solved.

Similar questions

1 reply

Several free "Artist series lessons" on GarageBand 10.3 keep trying to download and install

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.