Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

View multiple photos - is it possible?

I have a series of photos taken in sequence, and I also have a series of photos taken from the same place at different times.

I would like to be able to view more than one photo at the same time, alongside the other photo(s) so that I can compare the images. Is that possible please?

Also if that is possible, is it possible to edit one or more of the photos while viewing them in that multi view situation?

Thanks in advance.

Pete

Posted on Mar 23, 2021 3:53 PM

5 replies

Mar 24, 2021 1:24 AM in response to Peter Gibb

It is really a pity, that such an essential feature is missing. We can compare photos by stepping between photos using the arrow keys in edit mode, but it does not really suffice to compare the composition and the mood. It has been this way in all versions of Photos, since Photos first came out. Which version of Photos are you using?

• In older versions, I would add the photos I want to compare to a page in a photo book project and view the book page.
  • Now that we can no longer create Apple Books, I am using the command "Image > Edit with Preview" to open the two photos in Preview and to compare them.
  • Or use the Print command to see both photos at once. Select two or more photos you want to compare, enter ⌘P to open a Print dialog, then select a layout, where you can see all photos together. You do not actually have to print the photos.

Mar 24, 2021 7:44 AM in response to léonie

Thanks very much Léonie,

I am using Photos 6.

Being able to compare photos seems such a fundamental feature. I guess that Apple think that those of us who want to compare to that degree are likely to buy other software.

When I open in Preview I can only view the images when I select 'Contact sheet' view. And there is a limit to the size of the images. Am I missing something?

Also I can see the images by selecting Print. That seems my best option, but I will also try PowerPhotos.

Thanks again.

View multiple photos - is it possible?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.