Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone reset issue

i forgot the password to one of my old phones and im trying to do a factory reset, but whenever i do this instead of resetting it disables. What do i do?

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Mar 23, 2021 6:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2021 11:46 PM

Hi, I assume you meant the passcode, if so you need to put the iPhone in recovery mode. You will need a Mac or PC to do the recovery. On your Mac or PC close down iTunes if it's open. Connect your iPhone, and now open iTunes.

On an iPhone 8 or newer in quick succession , press volume up, volume down then hold the side button until the connect to iTunes logo appears on your iPhone . On the iPhone 7 hold volume down and the side button together until the connect to iTunes logo appears. iPhone 6s or lower hold the home button and side button together . You'll now get the option to Restore or Update, I would go for Restore as it reinstalls the latest iOS version available for your iPhone. One side note on newer versions of macOS it uses finder instead of iTunes but the principle is the same.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 23, 2021 11:46 PM in response to Chl0er0se

Hi, I assume you meant the passcode, if so you need to put the iPhone in recovery mode. You will need a Mac or PC to do the recovery. On your Mac or PC close down iTunes if it's open. Connect your iPhone, and now open iTunes.

On an iPhone 8 or newer in quick succession , press volume up, volume down then hold the side button until the connect to iTunes logo appears on your iPhone . On the iPhone 7 hold volume down and the side button together until the connect to iTunes logo appears. iPhone 6s or lower hold the home button and side button together . You'll now get the option to Restore or Update, I would go for Restore as it reinstalls the latest iOS version available for your iPhone. One side note on newer versions of macOS it uses finder instead of iTunes but the principle is the same.

iphone reset issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.