Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to delete an Apple Watch activity goal

I am not even sure how this happened, but my watch set a 5 minute activity goal for strength training. Now, it pings me when I am halfway to that goal and achieve that goal, but I consistently do way more than 5 minutes, so this is annoying to me. I cannot figure out how to delete this goal on the watch or in the Health or Fitness apps on my phone. Any advice on how to fix this issue?

Apple Watch

Posted on Mar 24, 2021 1:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2021 2:04 PM

Try this way;

Make sure you are wearing the watch;

On the workout type with the unwanted goal,tap on the 3 dots in the top right hand corner and tap on "Open",then start the workout and let it run for at least a minute, then tap on "End".

Scroll down to the bottom and tap on "Done".

The watch will return to "Open Goal"

There is a small chance you may have to repeat this for it to kick in.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 24, 2021 2:04 PM in response to HoopleDoo

Try this way;

Make sure you are wearing the watch;

On the workout type with the unwanted goal,tap on the 3 dots in the top right hand corner and tap on "Open",then start the workout and let it run for at least a minute, then tap on "End".

Scroll down to the bottom and tap on "Done".

The watch will return to "Open Goal"

There is a small chance you may have to repeat this for it to kick in.

Mar 24, 2021 1:19 PM in response to HoopleDoo

On the workout type tap on the 3 dots top right corner and tap on"Open" then start a workout and when you've finished tap on "End",Scroll down to the bottom and tap on "Done" the watch will remember your last setting and next time you do a workout it should be set to open goal,if not you may have to do it again as the watch enters whatever goal you set most and uses this as a default.

Here is a post from another forum that fixed the problem for this lady;

What I did to fix it was start an "OPEN GOAL" outdoor walk, and walked vigorously for about 1/2 an hour and just hit end when I was done. It still had a 20 min time set in yellow when I was finished. But the next day the 20 minutes had disappeared and OPEN GOAL was back in green, so I am assuming that is how you fix it. It must reset to the last thing you did overnight.

How to delete an Apple Watch activity goal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.