Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Passcode

Hi, I’m trying to turn the passcode off on my Apple Watch.. I see the option to do so but it is grayed out and won’t let me push it to turn it off. How do I fix this?

Apple Watch, watchOS 4

Posted on Mar 24, 2021 5:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2021 6:21 PM

If the Turn Passcode Off button is greyed out, passcode restrictions are likely enforced on the iPhone (via a corporate configuration profile, mobile device management or Exchange policy).

Where passcode restrictions are set on a managed iPhone, they also affect Apple Watch. In such cases, it will not therefore be possible to turn off the watch's passcode.

If your iPhone is managed in this way, contact your device administrator for further information and help.

Credit-jonathan UK

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 24, 2021 6:21 PM in response to pay10hart

If the Turn Passcode Off button is greyed out, passcode restrictions are likely enforced on the iPhone (via a corporate configuration profile, mobile device management or Exchange policy).

Where passcode restrictions are set on a managed iPhone, they also affect Apple Watch. In such cases, it will not therefore be possible to turn off the watch's passcode.

If your iPhone is managed in this way, contact your device administrator for further information and help.

Credit-jonathan UK

Apple Watch Passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.