Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Photo library - is it connected or not?

My photos manager says i am running low on storage. When i select "manage" it tells me to run on iCloud photo library in my Apple id settings. When i go to those settings it says its already on.

I really dont want to lose all my photos or mess this up.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 24, 2021 6:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2021 6:47 PM

If you have iCloud Photos turned on, then see the'Save space on your devices' section in:

Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

If you want to have a backup under your control you can copy the photos from your iPhone to a computer. See:

Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

and then (if you are really paranoid) copy them from your computer to a thumb drive if you wish.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 24, 2021 6:47 PM in response to Grexeira

If you have iCloud Photos turned on, then see the'Save space on your devices' section in:

Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

If you want to have a backup under your control you can copy the photos from your iPhone to a computer. See:

Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

and then (if you are really paranoid) copy them from your computer to a thumb drive if you wish.

iCloud Photo library - is it connected or not?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.