Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Shortcuts Stopped Adding Rows to Numbers Spreadsheets

I have a couple of shortcuts that were working correctly, adding populated rows to the bottom of tables in Numbers spreadsheets. Now (due to a recent update???) these shortcuts have stopped working correctly. They open the spreadsheets, but do not add rows to the bottom. I’ve tried removing and re-adding the operation in the shortcuts, but cannot get them to work again. Shortcuts that write to files other than Numbers still work fine.

This is an issue on both my iPad Air, and my iPhone SE.

Does anyone else have this issue?

iPad Air, iPadOS 14

Posted on Mar 25, 2021 8:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2021 6:48 AM

I'm having the same problem, but have found two workarounds, albeit both are "wonky".

Apparently the problem is Numbers is taking too long to "get it's **** together" and the shortcuts are sending info too fast, so essentially, you have to manually slow down the process.

To do that,

(1) I moved the Get File to the start of the shortcut (it'll run in the background as the rest of the shortcut runs).

(2) I added an Open File right after the Get File (that seems to help, but I'm not sure why but saw it in other support replies).

(3) Then I collect all the data (three pieces, in my case)

(4) Finally I inserted a wait. On my iPhone 11 Pro Max I had to wait 10 seconds.

There's still a delay in actually seeing the data appear, but I finally got it working after messing with it for a week.

One instance of this question seems to be getting some traction (my question from last week went ignored), in case you want to follow it https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252597941

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2021 6:48 AM in response to Jfshelton

I'm having the same problem, but have found two workarounds, albeit both are "wonky".

Apparently the problem is Numbers is taking too long to "get it's **** together" and the shortcuts are sending info too fast, so essentially, you have to manually slow down the process.

To do that,

(1) I moved the Get File to the start of the shortcut (it'll run in the background as the rest of the shortcut runs).

(2) I added an Open File right after the Get File (that seems to help, but I'm not sure why but saw it in other support replies).

(3) Then I collect all the data (three pieces, in my case)

(4) Finally I inserted a wait. On my iPhone 11 Pro Max I had to wait 10 seconds.

There's still a delay in actually seeing the data appear, but I finally got it working after messing with it for a week.

One instance of this question seems to be getting some traction (my question from last week went ignored), in case you want to follow it https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252597941

Mar 26, 2021 5:00 PM in response to jdo_apple

No, this has nothing to do with Keyboard Shortcuts. This is a problem with Apple’s Shortcuts app. The shortcuts that write to Numbers spreadsheets were working correctly. Now they are not. My other shortcuts (that write to other files) still function correctly. I haven’t changed anything (other than potential automatic updates).

Apple Shortcuts Stopped Adding Rows to Numbers Spreadsheets

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.