Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disable virtual keyboard ipad pro 14?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Mar 25, 2021 10:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2021 11:46 AM

Did somebody possibly tick the following settings?

Settings > Accessibility > Touch > AssistiveTouch > Show Onscreen Keyboard

Settings > Accessibility > Keyboards > Full Keyboard Access > Auto-Hide (off)

75 wpm? I've managed that on a manual typewriter. But nobody uses those anymore. 🤪

4 replies

Mar 25, 2021 10:59 AM in response to Janesjazz

Terse questions can be difficult to answer, as the question can lack context. Put differently, I'm guessing, here... If you're referring to an iPad Pro with iPadOS 14 and an external Magic Keyboard for iPad keyboard and wish to hide the virtual keyboard when that is shown, touch the keyboard key in the lower right of the virtual keyboard. If you're seeing the status bar at the bottom of the iPad Pro display and wish to hide that, press the keyboard icon in the lower right corner of the status bar. In both cases, the keyboard key will have a downward-pointing caret underneath.

Mar 25, 2021 11:05 AM in response to MrHoffman

Yes i have the external magic keyboard and prefer to always use it NOT the virtual one. Holding the keyboard icon at lower right does nothing and the keyboard settings dont offer any way to disable the online one permanently. I have to use a stylus i’m a baby boomer and trained to type 75 wpm so the magic keyboard works best for me.

ipad pro 14

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.