Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple tv will not connect to my wifi network. When I choose the network, the device skips my password entry and says the wifi password is incorrect (-100). I never get a chance to enter the wifi password.

When starting my Apple TV, the device says I am not connected to the internet. When I choose my wifi network, the device skips the password entry screen and goes directly to a screen that says the password is incorrect. I never get a chance to actually enter the password.

Posted on Mar 25, 2021 11:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2021 3:58 PM

That would happen if the SSID network name is known to the Apple TV, but with a different password. Could that be it?

Either persist a few tries until it will offer a chance to enter the password,

or change the SSID network name to something new on your router, to force it to enter credentials at the first try.

Also see: discussions.apple.com/thread/250379065

What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 25, 2021 3:58 PM in response to danderooski

That would happen if the SSID network name is known to the Apple TV, but with a different password. Could that be it?

Either persist a few tries until it will offer a chance to enter the password,

or change the SSID network name to something new on your router, to force it to enter credentials at the first try.

Also see: discussions.apple.com/thread/250379065

What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

apple tv will not connect to my wifi network. When I choose the network, the device skips my password entry and says the wifi password is incorrect (-100). I never get a chance to enter the wifi password.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.