Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac won't load webpages

I just received an iMac that was factory reset from the previous owner and I did the OS install. Mountain Lion 10.8.5. This is a late 2012 model, 2.7 GHz Intel core i5, 8 GB memory. Safari won't open web pages. How can I get around this so I can use this computer?

Posted on Mar 25, 2021 1:53 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Mar 29, 2021 8:54 AM in response to HotrodHog

Edited: As you are able to upgrade to Catalina and Mojave based on your having a late 2012 Mac, as I say, you should because you won't get current web compatibility with Mountain Lion.

Note what is compatible with 10.8 here:

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-250003586

Whatever software you have on your Mac should run in Mojave, but there is no guarantee it will run on Catalina, because Apple changed to 64 bit software with Catalina.

Mar 28, 2021 4:32 PM in response to a brody

I've been a Windows person and this is the first iMac I've had. It was wiped clean when my neighbor gave it to me. So far all I've done is go through and reinstall the OS to it. Mountain Lion 10.8.5 is what was installed but when I try to get onto Facebook or Youtube or just browse the interwebs, Safari says it can't open them or it says these pages are not compatible with my version of Safari.

iMac won't load webpages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.