Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when i receive a call on my iphone xr and i remove the phone from my ear the screen does not wake up

When I receive a call on my iphone xr and I remove the phone from my ear to look at it the screen does not wake up

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 25, 2021 3:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2021 3:40 PM

Couple of things-

1. Shut Down and ReStart your iPhone. Open Settings ➔ General ➔ Shut Down.
  2. Do you use a big case with your iPhone? If YES then remove the case and try to see whether the case is the issue.
  3. If none of the above works then it may be a hardware (Proximity Sensor) issue. please contact ➔ Apple Support

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 25, 2021 3:40 PM in response to Blackcoral03

Couple of things-

1. Shut Down and ReStart your iPhone. Open Settings ➔ General ➔ Shut Down.
  2. Do you use a big case with your iPhone? If YES then remove the case and try to see whether the case is the issue.
  3. If none of the above works then it may be a hardware (Proximity Sensor) issue. please contact ➔ Apple Support

Axel F.

when i receive a call on my iphone xr and i remove the phone from my ear the screen does not wake up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.