Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen doesn’t turn on leaving ear while call

During the call when i put the iPhone on ear screen goes off which is normal. However on leaving the ear screen is not turning on, i have double click the power button to wake the phone during call. Is that only happening to me or there some settings for that?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 30, 2021 10:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2021 12:15 AM

As rightly pointed out by you, iPhone's proximity sensor can sense when you're holding the phone to your ear, and it will shut off the screen, disabling your face from accidentally hitting buttons.

The proximity sensor can malfunction due to obstruction by a phone case or Screen protector. Remove them and chack again, please.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 1, 2021 12:15 AM in response to shahbazsaleem01

As rightly pointed out by you, iPhone's proximity sensor can sense when you're holding the phone to your ear, and it will shut off the screen, disabling your face from accidentally hitting buttons.

The proximity sensor can malfunction due to obstruction by a phone case or Screen protector. Remove them and chack again, please.

Screen doesn’t turn on leaving ear while call

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.