Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

hp print not working

HP Printer not working with MacOS BIG SUR 11.2.3. I need a fix.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 25, 2021 3:53 PM

4 replies

Mar 26, 2021 5:46 PM in response to jaywilsn

This is probably going to involve HP, unless you have acquired a printer with features that avoid the need for the HP printer drivers.

Please post the specific HP printer model— the full printer model name, as HP has lots of printers, and some of which share the same numbers—and from that information we can see what options might be available.

If you are pondering purchasing a replacement printer, here is some related info: Which Printer Should I Buy? - Apple Community

Mar 26, 2021 5:33 PM in response to gntlmnking

Good luck with HP helping you. They are the most useless company I have had to deal with and there are some bad ones out there. My HP printer 1510 won't work now because I installed Big Sur on my Mac some time ago now. If Hp aren't going to release new drivers for their printers to work with updates in Apples' Operating Systems they should let people know.

Mar 26, 2021 5:38 PM in response to jaywilsn

http://www.hp.com/support offers all current drivers by model.

If your model does not have drivers for Catalina Mac OS 10.15 minimum, and doesn't show 11.0 drivers, you likely will have to either look for open source drivers, or see if the built-in open source drivers work.

To access the open source drivers, plug the printer in via USB, or ensure it is on the same secure WiFi, then go to Apple menu -> System Preferences -> Printers, and add the printer by clicking both on the plus button on the bottom of the printer box, and the Option key on the keyboard at the same time. If the printer has open source drivers built-in they will appear in the selection. Otherwise, you'll need to get a printer that supports the system you are running.

hp print not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.