Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri can't find playlist on apple music

For some reason Siri can no longer find playlists that I have created in Apple music. When I ask Siri to play an Apple Music curated list it will play. However if I was to ask "Hey Siri play Jon playlist" she will respond "I didn't find Jon on Apple music".

This makes using a HomePod extremely annoying now.

Posted on Mar 25, 2021 5:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2021 11:34 PM

Hi Vancouver22,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately it didn't work. It isn't just a HomePod problem it is across all my Apple devices (iPhone, iPad, HomePod), it just does not recognise the playlists that I've created.

The random thing is when I do play a song from one of my personal playlist via Air Playing it, it does know the playlist. If I then ask Siri to play that playlist it will then say "I didn't find playlist on Apple music".

18 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 26, 2021 11:34 PM in response to Vancouver22

Hi Vancouver22,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately it didn't work. It isn't just a HomePod problem it is across all my Apple devices (iPhone, iPad, HomePod), it just does not recognise the playlists that I've created.

The random thing is when I do play a song from one of my personal playlist via Air Playing it, it does know the playlist. If I then ask Siri to play that playlist it will then say "I didn't find playlist on Apple music".

May 4, 2021 11:13 PM in response to JonJon555

It is not working for me either. I changed my subscription from One to a Student plan and some hours after Siri stopped working for Apple Music in all my devices. Siri can play music stored in my phone but it can’t find anything in Apple Music. Same behavior for iPhone, Homepods and Apple Watch… Must be a Siri issue, because I can still stream music from Apple Music app if I do it through the app

Mar 27, 2021 12:02 PM in response to JonJon555

Ok this is an Apple Music issue If nobody else can assist in this thread , try posting in  Music on iOS

Seems it might be related to iCloud as well. Since it’s your Apple ID syncing your music preferences.

I’m assuming it’s otherwise syncing across devices? i.e; every time you create or modify a playlist it’s showing across them all? With Sync Library turned on.

Mar 26, 2021 10:40 PM in response to JonJon555

These are Apple Music playlists you created?

If so and you just made them, I’ve noticed it can have trouble finding a new playlists .

Test a random song from your curated ones by asking if it can add this song to my Jon playlist - see if it knows then.

test again by air playing this playlist to your HomePod and ask HomePod which playlist is this.

try power cycling the HomePod - this can be a quick fix.

Try restarting it from the Home App in Homepod settings

Mar 31, 2021 8:56 AM in response to JonJon555

The same thing started happening to me about a week ago.

I subscribe to Apple One, have a iPhone 12 Pro Max and a cellular Apple Watch.

Siri will no longer play any of the playlists, she simply says "That playlist isn't available on Apple Music". It's happening on my phone and my watch.

I can ask Siri to play individual songs, albums or artists and there aren't any issues.

Siri can't find playlist on apple music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.