Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

high sierra and mojave downloads don't work

I am trying to upgrade my 2014 macbook air to high sierra or mojave. the links in the article take me to the download page in the app store, but when I click download, nothing happens. what is the issue?

MacBook Air

Posted on Mar 25, 2021 10:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2021 11:54 AM

Instead of using WiFi it is sometimes best to use a cabled connection from your mac to your router.

Have you restarted your mac in-between attempts.

Have you tried downloading while in Safe Mode.

How to use safe mode on your Mac – Apple Support

Safe mode takes a long time to start up, be patient.

9 replies

Mar 26, 2021 8:33 AM in response to Eau Rouge

When the app store opens, it says download. When I click download, it tries to start and then it stops. Then the download button greys out. I'm not sure what you mean by connecting to my router via cable. I was able to download the installer for catalina just fine, (so I don't think it's a router issue) but I am more comfortable using mojave or high sierra on this older machine.

Mar 26, 2021 1:22 AM in response to bshizzle

When the links to the App Store open for each OS what does the page say do they say Get or Download,

or do they say Open.

If the App Store download page says Open then the App Store has detected a copy of the Install macOS High Sierra/ Mojave.app

which you will find in your Applications folder.

If the App Store download page says Get or Download and you press that and nothing happens

is your mac connected to your router via cable, this is always best when downloading from Apples servers.

high sierra and mojave downloads don't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.