Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Parameter is incorrect" error when trying to copy photos from iPhone to pc

Hello,

I've been trying to copy the photos from my old iPhone 5 (iOS 10) but I keep receiving the message "Cannot copy file - the parameter is incorrect". This doesn't happen to all files, mostly to the oldest ones. These photos do not have a thumbnail preview on my phone and when I try to open them, the image is blank. The same happens when I'm trying to open them on Windows via USB cable. No preview and the file cannot be opened or coppied. (view attachments). I have read several topics on forums and watched videos on youtube but to no avail.

What I've tried so far:

1) connect to a different USB port

2) Upload photos to iCloud - it only uploads the vaild ones, not the ones that cannot be coppied to pc or oppened.

3) I've checked the option "download and keep originals" in the photo settings on the phone.

4) I've deleted several apps in order to obtain more free storage.

5) Updated iOS and downloaded latest version of iTunes

Any help?

Thanks.

iPhone 5, iOS 10

Posted on Mar 26, 2021 12:55 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Mar 27, 2021 1:09 PM in response to george_ant

Hello George_ant,

We'd love to assist you with your photos. First, were those particular photos originally synced over to the iPhone from another computer? Also, do you have the photos saved in another location where it actually shows the photo? The reason we're asking because we'd like to assist you with you getting the photo over, but since it does not appear to show it, then we would have to pull it from a place that actually shows the photos.

Take care

"Parameter is incorrect" error when trying to copy photos from iPhone to pc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.