Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to check for updates The request timed out.

Hi All,

I've the lates OS update installed on my Mac (macOS Big Sur 11.2.3) but when I check if there's a software update available it shows the error message attached. Rebooting didn't solved the problem! Any advise? Thanks.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Mar 26, 2021 2:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2021 3:59 PM

that might mean that your internet is temporarily having a small connectivity issue. it's nothing to be worried about. just try again later. and i notice you have "automatically keep my mac up to date" selected. there's no problem with having it set that way. but maybe try de-selecting that, reboot, and then manually check for updates again. however, i'm not certain that will work as i have always had auto updates turned off.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 26, 2021 3:59 PM in response to MTNKY

that might mean that your internet is temporarily having a small connectivity issue. it's nothing to be worried about. just try again later. and i notice you have "automatically keep my mac up to date" selected. there's no problem with having it set that way. but maybe try de-selecting that, reboot, and then manually check for updates again. however, i'm not certain that will work as i have always had auto updates turned off.

Unable to check for updates The request timed out.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.