You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can i use my Samsung TV as a monitor for a Mac Mini, together with my iPad Pro Keyboard?

Hi, I recently bought a new iPad Pro and keyboard/case thinking it would suffice as my main computer device. However, I now need desktop/OS for a couple of university apps. Very frustrating to find that I can’t buy a Mac Mini and link my iPad Pro to it as a monitor/keyboard!

Someone has suggested I could use my Samsung TV as a monitor for a Mac Mini? Wirelessly, or via cable?

And could my iPad Pro keyboard work with those two in combination to provide a ‘desktop’ solution?

So all i would need to purchase is a refurbished Mac Mini?

Any help very much appreciated... I am trying to keep number of big gadgets down as my house is very small and budget limited. Thanks.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Mar 27, 2021 8:26 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2021 12:31 PM

Judy Bown wrote:
Someone has suggested I could use my Samsung TV as a monitor for a Mac Mini? Wirelessly, or via cable?

MacMini has an HDMI output to connect directly to the TV.

nd could my iPad Pro keyboard work with those two in combination to provide a ‘desktop’ solution?

You need a real keyboard and mouse at least for initial setup.

At one time, there were apps available on iOS and a companion

Mac "receiver app". On the iDevice, it had a simulated track pad

and keyboard. WiFi was used to connect the iDevice to the Mac.

Don't know if any such apps still exist.

Anyway, Keyboard/Mouse combos can be had quite cheap these days.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 27, 2021 12:31 PM in response to Judy Bown

Judy Bown wrote:

MacMini has an HDMI output to connect directly to the TV.

nd could my iPad Pro keyboard work with those two in combination to provide a ‘desktop’ solution?

You need a real keyboard and mouse at least for initial setup.

At one time, there were apps available on iOS and a companion

Mac "receiver app". On the iDevice, it had a simulated track pad

and keyboard. WiFi was used to connect the iDevice to the Mac.

Don't know if any such apps still exist.

Anyway, Keyboard/Mouse combos can be had quite cheap these days.

Can i use my Samsung TV as a monitor for a Mac Mini, together with my iPad Pro Keyboard?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.