Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

M1 MacBook for streaming and making YouTube videos.

I want to buy a M1 MacBook for streaming on twitch, and also making YouTube videos. What laptop would suit me best, and what specs should I have on it?

Posted on Mar 27, 2021 1:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2021 7:12 PM

The key is that regardless of which notebook you choose, understand that once configured with RAM and storage, you will not be able to upgrade later. Be sure to get the most of both that's within your budget.

4 replies

Mar 27, 2021 1:18 PM in response to Bee6464

For making/editing videos, especially HD videos, the notebook should meet or exceed the recommended system requirements that the video editing apps you plan to use. For this, you should consider a MacBook Pro. Whether or not, you want to go with a M1 or Intel model, will again, depend on what apps you want to run on it. M1-capable apps are just starting to come out.

As far as streaming, most newer notebooks have 802.11ac wireless connectivity, which would provide you with the best potential bandwidth for uploading a video stream to the Internet. The two other factors, which is not directly a part of any notebook limitations would be your router/gateway, and your ISP-provided upload speeds.

M1 MacBook for streaming and making YouTube videos.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.