Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

m1 vs m2 air

I perform some minor video and photo editing while working with more than 100 Chrome tabs each day. Chrome is where I perform 90% of my work.

Which laptop will be my best choice? I haven't ever used a Macbook.

M1 air 16/512

m2 air 16/256 costs around $170 more then m1 in my country

M2 air 8/512 costs around $170 more.

Thank you.

Posted on Mar 25, 2023 9:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2023 11:34 AM

Hi there!

I'd recommend an M2 MacBook Air. You get a larger Liquid Retina display, the Apple M2 chip, the option for more memory, a better camera and audio, and the all-new design.

With your stated usage of Google Chrome, I'd recommend 24GB of memory with the MacBook Air M2. Google Chrome is a resource-intensive application, and the more memory, the better.

How much storage do your projects use? You could get a Mac with a 256GB internal SSD and then use external storage devices. Or, if you'd prefer to keep everything on the Mac, get at least 512GB.

If you have any other questions, please ask!

Hope this helps!

Jack

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 25, 2023 11:34 AM in response to Holy_cow69

Hi there!

I'd recommend an M2 MacBook Air. You get a larger Liquid Retina display, the Apple M2 chip, the option for more memory, a better camera and audio, and the all-new design.

With your stated usage of Google Chrome, I'd recommend 24GB of memory with the MacBook Air M2. Google Chrome is a resource-intensive application, and the more memory, the better.

How much storage do your projects use? You could get a Mac with a 256GB internal SSD and then use external storage devices. Or, if you'd prefer to keep everything on the Mac, get at least 512GB.

If you have any other questions, please ask!

Hope this helps!

Jack

m1 vs m2 air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.