Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home app won’t recognize Apple TV

The home app won’t add Apple TV (4K) using iPhone or iPad.

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Mar 27, 2021 3:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2021 7:47 AM

I’ve tried that approach. Apple TV HD not recognized. Earlier versions of Apple TV in other rooms are ok. I’m up a stump. Get weird message stating Airplay 2 and Homekit require an iCloud account, which I do. Signed out and back into account ok.

6 replies

Mar 28, 2021 5:52 AM in response to lusconetn

On your Apple TV go to:

Settings -> Remote controls and devices -> Remote controls and devices.

Hold your iPhone close to your Apple TV. Then should your Apple TV pop up on your iPhone, press Connect and enter the code that appears on your Apple TV.

After that, find AirPlay and HomeKit in settings. Enter and see if your home is connected at the bottom of the menu.

If your Apple TV does not show up on your iPhone, make sure Bluetooth is turned on and that both devices are on the same WiFi network.

Mar 29, 2021 6:59 AM in response to lusconetn

You need to enter the Home Kit menu on your Apple TV and choose which room it is in. It should be one of the rooms you have already created on your iPhone.

But remember, there are only your scenes that can be accessed in the Control Center on you Apple TV - not the individual ones that are in favorites on your iPhone.

Mar 29, 2021 7:21 AM in response to lusconetn

I do not think it is possible to manually create it as an accessory. Apple TV is automatically created in the Home app when you add it to the Home Kit inside Apple TV settings. From there, it is also possible to use it as a Hub.

Home app won’t recognize Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.