Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music Subscription Siri Won't Play Any of My Personal Collection of Songs or My Playlists

I am subscribed to Apple Music. My entire personal library of thousands of songs and all of my personal Playlists are up at Apple Music, as I can see them at Apple Music's Website and on my Apple TV's and iPads, etc. My personal library is mirrored to Apple Music in the Cloud. However, when I ask Siri to play one of my Playlists or a song from my personal Library, Siri says she cannot find [my request] at Apple Music.

If I manually either click or tap to play a song or playlist, then all will play. I have multiple HomePods. It's the same problem. Siri will play any song I request that is in the Apple Music 70,000,000 song library, but will not play any of my personal songs or playlists from my library.

Please, Apple, fix this. I saw on DownDetector someone else reported this same issue a few days ago. I called Apple tech support and all I get is that they will send a report to the engineers. Well, that was 5 days ago, and it is still not fixed.

Posted on Mar 27, 2021 9:17 PM

Similar questions

14 replies

Mar 28, 2021 10:34 AM in response to oquatanginwann

Do you have at least one computer where all this content is stored locally? See Identify cloud status icons in your music library on your Mac or PC - Apple Support. Make sure that your content is shown as matched or uploaded. Use File > Library > Update Cloud Library just to ensure things are supposedly up to date.

Try them again. Ask them for a refund for your current subscription since you're not receiving the service that you are paying for. Ask them to escalate the issue if they are not able to help you themselves.

tt2

Mar 28, 2021 10:15 AM in response to turingtest2

Thank you, tt2. You're very kind to offer help to people at the Apple Discussion Forums. As I mentioned in the last paragraph of my original post above: "I called Apple tech support and all I get is that they will send a report to the engineers. Well, that was 5 days ago, and it is still not fixed."

Of course, it is now 6 days ago. I posted here mainly to help anyone else who might be experiencing the same thing, so they will know they are not alone. While I saw someone post over at DownDetector they are experiencing this same issue, I was unable to find anyone else posting the issue here.

Thank you very much again.

Mar 28, 2021 10:38 AM in response to turingtest2

All of my thousands of songs are available to me to play up at music (dot) apple (dot) com, which means they are in the Apple Music Cloud. I can also see them on my Apple TVs in the music library and on my computers and iOS devices. I can play them manually. But if I ask Siri to play them, she says she cannot find them at Apple Music.

i have asked Apple to escalate the issue and have been given case numbers. It has been 6 days.

Mar 29, 2021 8:50 AM in response to Sovskii

Thank you, Sovskii, for your attempts to help solve this problem. Unfortunately, still no success.

Interestingly, if I make any change to my personal library, that change is immediately reflected at iTunes/Apple Music in the Cloud at music (dot) apple (dot) com and visually on all of my devices (multiple Apple TV's, multiple iPads, and iPhone). I can manually play my library via those devices and at iTunes in the Cloud/Apple Music. But asking Siri to play my library on those devices and on the multiple HomePods fails. The reply from Siri is that they cannot find my request on Apple Music.

There's obviously a disconnect just when it comes to Siri being able to see my personal library via Apple Music. I can click to play my library everywhere, I just cannot get Siri to do it.

The most frustrating is the long delay from the time Apple Senior Tech Support Agents submit the report to the engineers and the time they take to reply. It's been about a week now.

Apr 5, 2021 5:42 PM in response to explorz

Thank you, explorz. Unfortunately, not one of the Apple reps suggested doing that. I just recently got it fixed by a top Apple engineer having me download and install a Siri Profile file they emailed me to my iOS device. After the Profile was installed, it automatically sent to Apple the logs as I asked Siri to play playlists or songs from my library. The engineer was subsequently able to use this log data to fix the issue on their end. I deleted the Profile file afterwards.

There is a good chance your suggestion might have worked, of course, but I cannot know unless it should break again. It took me lots of phone calls and lots of time. One can never give up...they have to keep calling and calling until they get lucky to get the right tech person when it's an obscure issue like this one.

May 5, 2021 9:18 AM in response to Cleo2295

Here's my workaround that works perfectly: I have owned the original HomePods since they first came out and have had so many similar frustrating issues where asking Siri on the HomePods to play a song or playlist has been a failure. So frustrating.

Sadly, the HomePod update to 14.5 caused Siri requests for specific titles, artists, or playlists in my personal library to fail, resulting in Siri saying she cannot find it on Apple Music. Resetting the HomePods was not successful for me. The only workaround for me is to turn off the "Hey Siri" feature via the Home App settings for each HomePod and then just use Hey Siri only on my iPhone. This works perfectly. I say "Hey Siri" play [whatever I want] in the Living Room [or wherever my HomePod is located], and the HomePod will play it. I do not have to say "Play on Living Room HomePod" ... I can just say "Living Room". Also, the Siri commands to the iPhone will also work if you say things like "Raise the volume in the living room" or "Replay the song"

If one has a relatively small home and always keeps their iPhone within earshot, which can be a good distance away, there might be a case to even keep the set-up this way. The advantage is if you needed the phone's Siri to answer other non-music-related iPhone-specific requests, you don't have to be concerned that the HomePods' Siri will answer to "Hey Siri" at that time.

Of course the Siri on the HomePods should work, it's supposed to work, when you ask the HomePod to play your iTunes Match or Apple Music requests. Apple really, really needs to stop the repeated failures. If you search online for complaints of Siri not playing your requests on HomePod, you will see so many complaints for so, so long.

Apple Music Subscription Siri Won't Play Any of My Personal Collection of Songs or My Playlists

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.