Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch treadmill calibration

I am currently using an Apple Watch 4, and I keep it regularly updated. I use it mostly for fitness tracking. However, I can’t seem to give up my Garmin because of the simple treadmill calibration that my Garmin allows that Apple doesn’t! I would really like to move over to my Apple Watch solely for fitness, but it inaccurately tracks my pace, etc. Outdoor runs are accurate due to the GPS. I have tried their “calibration” suggestions, but it still doesn’t help with my treadmill runs. Does anyone know why they haven’t added this technology? Any plans on doing so? Does Apple have a suggestions box!? 🤣🤣

Posted on Mar 28, 2021 12:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2021 6:01 PM

Once you calibrate your watch according to:

Calibrating your Apple Watch for improved Workout and Activity accuracy - Apple Support

and follow the steps in:

Get the most accurate measurements using your Apple Watch - Apple Support

The only way the watch knows your pace, etc., is by how and how often you swing your watch arm. Do you hold onto a handrail while on the treadmill? Do you move swing your arms the same way as on an outdoor run?

This is a user-to-user forum and we are not allowed to discuss Apple's future plans (even if we knew them). To make suggestions to Apple, use this link:

Product Feedback - Apple

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2021 6:01 PM in response to _cn_

Once you calibrate your watch according to:

Calibrating your Apple Watch for improved Workout and Activity accuracy - Apple Support

and follow the steps in:

Get the most accurate measurements using your Apple Watch - Apple Support

The only way the watch knows your pace, etc., is by how and how often you swing your watch arm. Do you hold onto a handrail while on the treadmill? Do you move swing your arms the same way as on an outdoor run?

This is a user-to-user forum and we are not allowed to discuss Apple's future plans (even if we knew them). To make suggestions to Apple, use this link:

Product Feedback - Apple

Apple Watch treadmill calibration

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.