You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone camera erases text without blue lit screen

I am part of a weightloss group where I need to take a picture of my weigh ins. I’m noticing that when I take a picture of my scale, initially the image looks fine but it then changes to erase whatever number is in the blue box. When I say erases, I mean after I open the already taken photo. I literally watch it change. What is going on and how do I stop it from changing my photos?

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 29, 2021 8:45 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2021 9:18 AM

Hello there Salsasharks,

We can certainly see that the display appears to be blank in the picture there as well. Let's take a closer look as we do our best to provide some additional insight.

To get started, be sure that you have Live Photos disabled as some displays like that actually pulse, so they may not appear in pictures or videos in the same way it appears to your naked eye. Check these steps to help ensure Live Photos are disabled: Take and edit Live Photos

With that done, try taking some additional follow up pictures. Keep in mind, as the display image on your scale pulses, if the shutter just happens to take the picture when the image is pulsed off, then nothing will appear in the picture as you've shown in the screenshot. With that said, you may need to adjust additional camera settings or use a different kind of scale as well: Use Camera settings on iPhone

We hope this helps!

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 30, 2021 9:18 AM in response to Salsasharks

Hello there Salsasharks,

We can certainly see that the display appears to be blank in the picture there as well. Let's take a closer look as we do our best to provide some additional insight.

To get started, be sure that you have Live Photos disabled as some displays like that actually pulse, so they may not appear in pictures or videos in the same way it appears to your naked eye. Check these steps to help ensure Live Photos are disabled: Take and edit Live Photos

With that done, try taking some additional follow up pictures. Keep in mind, as the display image on your scale pulses, if the shutter just happens to take the picture when the image is pulsed off, then nothing will appear in the picture as you've shown in the screenshot. With that said, you may need to adjust additional camera settings or use a different kind of scale as well: Use Camera settings on iPhone

We hope this helps!

Take care.

IPhone camera erases text without blue lit screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.