Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music

My Apple Music on the Apple TV is playing just fine, however, when I click on the "Now playing" option it doesn't show me what song is being played nor does it show me the songs that are being queued it just displays "Not playing".

Posted on Mar 29, 2021 9:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2021 9:48 AM

Hello Morvinski, 

We’d love to assist you with getting the “Now Playing” screen displaying properly on your Apple TV, when listening to your music. Please complete the following steps below and let us know if you continue to experience the same behavior. 

• Force quit the Music app as shown here: Switch quickly between Apple TV apps

Restart your Apple TV

Update your Apple TV

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities to post your question. We're here if you need us!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 30, 2021 9:48 AM in response to Morvinski

Hello Morvinski, 

We’d love to assist you with getting the “Now Playing” screen displaying properly on your Apple TV, when listening to your music. Please complete the following steps below and let us know if you continue to experience the same behavior. 

• Force quit the Music app as shown here: Switch quickly between Apple TV apps

Restart your Apple TV

Update your Apple TV

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities to post your question. We're here if you need us!

Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.