Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Location of download file

When I click on a PDF attachment it shows the file has been downloaded, but my question is, where does this downloaded file go ? I do not know how to see the downloaded file; from where? if you may kindly guide me, I’ll be obliged , thanks.

iPad Air 3, 14

Posted on Mar 29, 2021 5:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2021 11:29 AM

For iPadOS13/14...

Settings > Safari > Downloads >

From the Files App sidebar, the Downloads folder is initially configured to appear in Favourites category - and will remain unless deleted; if deleted, it can be re-added:

10 replies

Mar 30, 2021 8:46 AM in response to babowa

Well, there is a Downloads folder in iOS/iPadOS devices - the default location of which is set in the device Settings. This folder can usually be found, by name, in the Favourites list

However, this folder is generally only used for file-types that are not associated with an installed App.

The OP might try using the Search function to locate either the folder or individually downloaded files by name. Simply swipe-downwards with a finger on any empty location on the iPad screen (avoiding the corners or extreme edges).

Location of download file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.